- Family Law
Clint Dalton is a family law practitioner specializing in domestic relations and divorce litigation. He litigates, collaborates, and mediates all significant family law issues, including divorce, custody, parental rights, support, property division, removal, modification, and contempt actions at the trial court and appellate levels. Additionally, he drafts prenuptial, postnuptial, and nonmarital cohabitation agreements.
Prior to opening his law practice in Topsfield, Massachusetts, Clint worked in Washington, DC providing support to USG initiatives in AML and CFT alongside the US Treasury and State Department where he developed an expertise in finding and tracking hidden assets.
Attorney Dalton was born and raised in Ipswich and is a graduate of St. John’s Preparatory School (’88), Stanford University (BA, Philosophy ‘92), The Graduate Institute at St. John’s College (MA, Liberal Arts, ‘95) and The University of San Diego School of Law (JD, ‘03) where he was awarded for his Jurisprudence work. During law school, he interned with the Federal Defenders of Billings, MT and for the Foundation for Freedom of Information in St. Petersburg, Russia. Prior to attending law school Attorney Dalton was the Director of the San Francisco office of Human Rights Watch.
Attorney Dalton was admitted to the Massachusetts Bar in 2006 and is a member of the Massachusetts, Boston, Greater Newburyport, and Essex County Bar Associations. Regarding the collaboration and mediation sides of his practice, he is a member of the Mass Family Mediation Council and the Massachusetts Collaborative Family Law Council. Attorney Dalton lives in Ipswich with his wife and two young children.
- California Western School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. - 2003
- Stanford University
- B.A. - 1992
- Major: Philosophy
- The Graduate Institute at St. John’s College
- M.A. - 1995
- Major: Liberal Arts
- Massachusetts, 2006
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member
- Boston Bar Association, Member
- Greater Newburyport Bar Association, Member
- Essex County Bar Association, Member
- Mass Family Mediation Council and the Massachusetts Collaborative Family Law Council, Member
- Federal Defenders of Billings, MT, Intern
- Foundation for Freedom of Information in St. Petersburg, Russia, Intern
- San Francisco office of Human Rights Watch, Director